Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our friends on 4 wheels

     I'm pretty sure it's not just me but have you noticed that on average our friends on four wheels seem to be in a far more hostile mood and greater hurry, even if it is only to the next light, than those of us on two and I do include mopeds, scooters and motorcycles with us cyclist even if they don't.  The question for me is why?  Is it the haunting aroma of that new car smell a vague memory of a lost happiness?  Or is it the disconnect from ones surroundings caused by  being encased in metal and plastic?  I personally feel it's the latter but I'm not a psychologist so maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.  With that being said here's my very simple solution, everyone should have to travel by two wheels at least once a week from spring to fall.  No giving up your car or having to ride in the snow or rain, just a leisurely trip to the park, the store or a friends house.  I would bet that you'll be happier in the long run and maybe, just maybe, find yourself addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment